The Work of the Council
Mold Town Council’s aims
- To promote and represent the community’s views and aspirations at local, county, regional and national levels
- To serve those who live in and work in Mold and those who visit the Town
- To promote Mold as a place to live, a place to work and invest in and a
place to visit
- To provide effective and efficient services that give value for money and to improve those services as needed
- To strive to improve the quality of life for all residents of Mold
To achieve these aims, Mold Town Council has agreed the following objectives
- To consult with the community to establish its aspirations for the future
- To promote the vitality and viability of Mold
- To encourage and participate in, partnership and agency working with the public, private and voluntary sectors to achieve quality services in all areas for the betterment of Mold and its residents and visitors
- To promote sustainable policies that strive to improve the environment to meet the needs of residents and visitors for both the present and future
- To help create a socially inclusive and caring community that embraces all residents and which seeks to develop their well being, knowledge and understanding and mutual co-operation
- To strive for a pleasant, clean and safe environment
- To deliver quality services that provide value for money and to review those services on a regular basis
- To support local voluntary groups that seek to assist residents and visitors to Mold
To assist in the management of Mold Town Council’s business five committees have been established. The Cemetery, Planning and Tourism committees have delegated powers to act without referral to the Town Council. The Audit Sub and Personnel committees’ decisions require the consent of the Town Council before they can be actioned.
Policy and Audit Sub Committee – has responsibility for reviewing the reports of the Internal and External Auditors and for considering financial and other policies of the Town Council.
Audit Sub Committee members are Councillors: Haydn Bateman, Bob Gaffey, Geoff Matthias, Anthony Parry and Phil Thomas.
Cemetery Committee – has delegated powers to manage Mold Cemetery and determine the burial policies of Mold Town Council.
Cemetery Committee members are Councillors: Chris Bithell, Bob Gaffey, Geoff Collett, Carol Heycocks, Geoff Matthias and Andrea Mearns.
Personnel Committee – has responsibility for considering personnel matters and reporting back to the Town Council.
Personnel Committee members are the Mayor and Deputy Mayor with Councillors: Haydn Bateman, Geoff Collett and Bryan Grew.
Planning Committee – has delegated powers to respond to planning applications that arise between Town Council meetings.
Planning Committee members are Councillors: Bryan Grew, Bob Gaffey, Andrea Mearns, Karen Hodgkinson, Carol Heycocks and Gareth Williams.
Community, Development & Regeneration Committee – has delegated powers to deal with matters such as the Blooming Mold competition, provision of hanging baskets and floral displays and other issues relating to the environment and image of the Town.
Tourism Committee members are Councillors: Richard Brookes, Chris Bithell, Geoff Collett, Andrea Mearns, Karen Hodgkinson and Phil Thomas.
Cittaslow Mold Committee - has the responsibility for pursuing the action plans to improve the quality of life for residents, traders and visitors.
Cittaslow Mold is supported by all Members of the Town Council. Any other interested individual, representing a group or otherwise, can be co-opted onto the committee with voting rights.
Financial Assistance Review Panel - has the responsibility for determining whether applications for financial assistance meet the Council's criteria.
Financial Assistance Review Panel members are Councillors: Richard Brookes, Carol Heycocks, Gareth Williams and Anthony Parry.
Community Awards Panel - has the responsibility of reviewing nominations the 'Sid Matthews Community Awards' from the Town Council and making recommendations.
Community Awards Panel members are Councillors: Richard Brookes, Bryan Grew, Anthony Parry and Gareth Williams.
Youth and Children's Council Committee members are The Mayor, Deputy Mayor and Councillors Chris Bithell, Gareth Williams and Andrea Mearns.
The Mayor and Deputy Mayor are ex-officio members of the Cemetery, Community Development & Regeneration Committee and Planning committees.
Organisations and schools
Mold Town Councillors represent the Town Council in the following local organisations and schools:
Alyn Works Liaison Committee – Councillors Bob Gaffey, Geoff Matthias, Brian Lloyd and Karen Hodgkinson.
Daniel Owen Community Association – Councillors Geoff Collett and Bob Gaffey.
Grosvenor Hall Committee (Mold Darby & Joan Club) - Councillor Richard Brookes.
Mold Town Concert Band Management Committee –vacant.
One Voice Wales – Councillors Richard Brookes and Bryan Grew.
Parkfields Management Committee – Councillor Andrea Mearns.
Police and Community/County Councillors – Councillor Brian Lloyd
School Governing Bodies
St David's Catholic Primary School – vacant
Ysgol Bryn Coch – Councillor Geoff Collett
Ysgol Bryn Gwalia – Councillor Geoff Matthias