Community Awards Scheme 2021
Mold Town Council Community Awards Scheme 2021 open for nominations
Mold Town Council is requesting nominations to be put forward for the Mold Community Awards Scheme 2021. The scheme acknowledges the outstanding contribution and commitment of groups or individuals living or working within Mold Town or supporting Mold residents.
Mayor of Mold Councillor Teresa Carberry said “Mold Town Council wants to use these awards to both acknowledge and celebrate the efforts of people, who live, work, study and volunteer in our town, who have gone the extra mile over the last year to help others. Their efforts, kindness, generosity, and sense of community have helped us all, to get through these unprecedented times. They have recognised the challenges our community has faced, and worked in a variety of ways to provide the support needed to overcome them. I cannot begin to thank them enough! “
There are five categories covering outstanding voluntary service and / or outstanding achievement within the community of Mold
1. Volunteering award - For individuals or groups under the age of 25 who have made a difference to their community through their volunteering.
2. Volunteering award - For individuals or groups aged 25 and over who have made a difference to their community through volunteering.
3. Business of the Year - A business, be it retailer, market trader or service provider which has shown commitment to the community it serves, through charity work, or the exceptional service it provides.
4. Sporting Achievement Award - Award to be given to an individual or group that has achieved outstanding performance, shown outstanding ability or encouraged others to participate in a sporting activity. As individuals they may have provided coaching, training or admin support to a sports club or group.
5. Community Project/Event of the Year Award - This is for a project/event that has triumphed in the community. Supporting local people whether one-to-one or as a group – maybe a third sector organisation with projects that have had long-lasting impact on the community, maybe a community event, charity fund raising event or environmental project where the community has benefitted through learning new skills etc.
There is no limit on the number of nominations a person can be submit. You can nominate in each of the five categories or just make one nomination. If you would like to nominate more than one person / group in the same category, you will need to submit an additional form.
The sixth award which will be chosen by the Mayor of Mold Councillor Teresa Carberry, is the ‘Mayors choice Award’, awarded to a group or individual who the Mayor considers has made an extra ordinary contribution to the Mold community or has provided aspiration to others. Councillor Carberry said “Personally, I am very excited to see and hear the stories of the nominees and I would invite as many people as possible to take the time to nominate people who deserve a public thank you.”
Nominations can be made online by completing the nomination form below which can be found by going to https://forms.gle/ZqG2aHtzHCmpaTET7 English form
and for those who wish to complete the form in Welsh, please go to https://forms.gle/KYkzmkhDjbQg6X3o8
Or you can download the forms to print off and post :-
Nomination form English language /Mold-TC/UserFiles/Files/Community Awards form English.pdf
Nomination form Welsh language /Mold-TC/UserFiles/Files/Community Awards form Welsh.pdf
For further information please contact Mold Town Council 01352 758532 or email firstname.lastname@example.org